Sometimes it is difficult to get a good night’s sleep. Having an environment that helps induce sleep is one of the keys to allow you to drift off and sleep well though the night. Below are some tips to help create that sleep inducing environment.
· Reduce clutter in your bedroom. Clutter can promote anxiety, which is not good for a restful sleep. Clear out the clutter to make your sleep space inviting and soothing.
· Ditch the TV and device! The blue light for the television or phone or laptop inhibits your natural production of melatonin. Melatonin is what helps us feel restful and ready for sleep.
· Find the right temperature. The temperature that feels comfortable and relaxing is a personal choice. Make sure the temperature is correct for the entire night. You do not want to wake up in the middle of the night because you are too hot or too cold.
· White noise. Try using a white noise machine. Having a soft background noise or sound can drown out other noises that may interrupt your sleep. The soothing sound also can help you drift off faster.
· Lavender. Diffuse or use pillow spray that contains lavender. Our sense of smell is a powerful tool that connects to our mind. Lavender has calming properties. IF you do not like the smell of lavender use whatever scent is calming to you.
We created a pillow spray for this month’s Stone and Sage Sets. The base of the pillow spray is water that has been infused with Palo Santo. Palo Santo has a sweet fragrance that attracts positive energies. Lavender and other essential oils are added to the pillow spray to help you drift off and sleep peacefully. Spray on your pillow right before bed each night. Allow the sweet aroma to relax, sooth and get you ready for a good night sleep.