Create a Sleep Routinie
Creating a sleep routine is a great way to help our bodies and mind ease into a sleep state. When do the same things each night before we get into bed for sleep it allows are mind to anticipate and prepare to sleep. Our routine should include things to help unwind and settle our bodies and mind for rest. Below are some things we can incorporate into our sleep routine that may help us unwind and prepare for a good night’s sleep.
· Turn off the device or television. The blue light from the device interferes with our natural melatonin production. This is one of reason we sleep at night. The darker lighting naturally allows us to prepare for sleep.
· Drink herbal tea. Make sure the tea is caffeine free and preferable warm. The warmth is soothing and the herbs in the tea can help stimulate our sleep response.
· Be quiet. Having something soft and soothing playing in the background as you brush your teeth, wash your face, and change into your PJs. Soft and soothing music in the background can help soothes our bodies and mind while we are preparing for bed.
· Soak in the tub. Soaking a warm bath is relaxing. Add some lavender to the bath to intensify the relaxation.
· Meditate. Meditation helps settle the mind. There are a ton of guided sleep meditations. Find one you like and listen to it before bed. Meditate holding the Labradorite crystal will help bring in the sleep-inducing energies and allow for sweet dreams as you sleep.
Using these suggestions or others that you find useful are simple things we can do to help sleep better. It is the small steps that can make a big difference in our lives. Sleep well and wake up rested.